Reality capture is one of the most innovative technologies transforming construction. Reality capture solutions allow builders to digitally capture, share, and analyze actual jobsite conditions. These solutions can be based on laser scans, drone images, smartphone photos, or high-resolution 360° images. Typically, the 360° images are captured by a camera mounted on a hard hat during a routine site walk. Once uploaded to the cloud, project stakeholders can do a virtual site walk, accessing the images from their desks or anywhere in the world to see site conditions in near-real time and spot issues quickly to avoid costly delays and destructive investigations.
It’s not surprising that today’s most successful construction and real estate companies are increasingly adopting OpenSpace 360° reality capture due to its ease of use and positive impact at every stage of construction, from preconstruction to handoff.
Indeed, reality capture offers many powerful benefits, enabling OpenSpace customers to:
- Cut travel costs by up to 50% thanks to a reduced need to travel to sites now that they can monitor and manage projects remotely.
- Avoid destructive investigations and costly rework by being able to see through walls and slabs.
- Reduce risk and simplify insurance claims, leading to lower insurance premiums.
- Bring greater efficiency to construction projects by strengthening coordination.
- Significantly reduce time spent on documentation compared to manual methods.
- Achieve higher revenue by winning more projects and finishing jobs faster.
While reality capture is one of the fastest-growing technologies in the construction industry, it can be intimidating to choose the right solution. You need to be certain about your return on investment and feel confident that your field teams will easily adopt the technology.
To help you evaluate how OpenSpace 360° reality capture can make a significant difference in your operational efficiency and competitiveness, we’ve written a whitepaper, The Real Value of Reality Capture: Understanding the Business Impact for Builders. To further assist in quantifying the benefits of reality capture and its potential impact on your organization, we’ve included a link to a customizable ROI calculator at the end of the whitepaper. Plug in your information, and the tool will automatically calculate your potential value.
Ready to take a closer look at how reality capture can benefit your team? Download the whitepaper to explore the potential impact of this user-friendly technology. We’re here to guide you whenever you’d like to see OpenSpace in action.