Meet Anna Johnson, an MEP Superintendent for Turner Construction in Des Moines, Iowa. Anna’s love of on-the-ground action and big-picture planning has given her momentum as she grows in construction management. “Best of Both Worlds” Anna grew up in Lexington, one of Kentucky’s biggest cities. She spent her childhood between the homes of her parents,…
Introducing: Waypoint 2021 User Summit
Registration is now live for our highly-anticipated first virtual user summit, Waypoint 2021, which will be held on Tuesday, November 2, from 1:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. PDT. We’re looking forward to the opportunity to bring members of the construction community together for an afternoon of learning, networking, and exchanging ideas.
Join Us at Waypoint 2021 for:
- Presentations from OpenSpace users who will share their best tips and tricks
- New OpenSpace product and feature announcements
- A panel of industry executives discussing the future of tech-enabled construction
- 1:1 networking sessions and happy hour activities with fellow construction industry professionals from around the world
Why Host a User Summit Now?
We believe the construction industry is at an exciting moment of inflection in technology adoption, and that we can all benefit from discussing some of the latest innovations, along with sharing practical ideas for future use cases. Over the past year and a half, we’ve seen massive increases in both new customers and in existing customers’ site captures; while this may have been initially spurred by pandemic social distancing requirements, the results of our recent survey about the future of remote work in construction suggest that “hybrid construction”—partly in-person, partly remote—is here to stay. As the industry continues adapting to these types of changes that are enabled by technology, we felt now was the right time to gather thought leaders together at a summit event.
Connect with the Best
At Waypoint 2021, you’ll hear from our own team leaders about OpenSpace’s technology roadmap, from customers and power users who can share their experiences with OpenSpace on-site, and from industry leaders about what they envision for the future of construction tech. Attendees will also have the opportunity to connect with members of our Product team to share their ideas for future features or use cases.
Who Can Attend?
First and foremost, we’re building Waypoint 2021 with the construction community in mind. We invite our current customers, partners, and anyone in the industry who’s interested in the future of construction technology to attend. Our aim is to educate and inspire attendees about the benefits and potential for automation technology in the industry.
Schedule of Events (all times shown are PDT)
1:30-2:00 p.m. 1:1 Networking
2:00-3:05 p.m. MAIN STAGE – Welcome & OpenSpace New Product Announcements
3:05-3:15 p.m. Break & 1:1 Networking
3:15-4:15 p.m. MAIN STAGE – Getting the Most Out of OpenSpace: Tips & Tricks from Power Users
3:15-5:25 p.m. SIDE SESSION – Follow-Up: Welcome & OpenSpace New Product Announcements
4:15-4:25 p.m. Break & 1:1 Networking
4:25-5:25 p.m. MAIN STAGE – The Future of Tech-Enabled Construction: Executive Roundtable
4:25-5:25 p.m. SIDE SESSION – Follow-Up: Getting the Most Out of OpenSpace: Tips & Tricks from Power Users
5:25-5:30 p.m. Closing Remarks
5:30-7:00 p.m. Networking & Virtual Happy Hours
Know Before You Go
Waypoint 2021 will be on Hopin, and we know that Hopin is a new platform for many people. So we want to make sure that you are able to navigate through the event. Here are our top tips for making the most of your experience on Hopin:
1. Make Sure You Register on Hopin
If you haven’t yet created your profile on Hopin, make sure to login using the email we sent from Workato Automate <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the subject line: “Claim your ticket to OpenSpace Waypoint 2021!”.
IMPORTANT: The team at Hopin recommends using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for the best Hopin experience.
2. Create Your Event Experience
You can find the full schedule of the day to see what sessions are live. Click on the calendar icon next to each session to add it to your calendar so that you don’t forget to join in.
3. Meet Other Attendees Through 1:1 Networking!
Meet other attendees via 1:1 video chat! Click on the Networking tab on the left-side toolbar to join in on Networking. You will be paired randomly with another guest. You can exchange your contact details using the “Connect” button.
If there are attendees you’d like to meet, you can message them using the People tab.
4. Chat and People Tabs – How To Connect With Other Attendees!
In all sections of the Hopin platform there are two tabs on your right-hand side:
- The Chat tab allows you to send messages visible to all participants of the event. In the sessions and booths, you can switch to the chat visible only in the Session or Booth you are participating in. The Chat tab is also where you will see occasional important messages from the organizers popping up.
- The People tab lists all participants that have joined the event. You can send a direct message to any participant by clicking on their name. If you see a little red dot appear on the People tab, that is a notification that someone has sent you a message.
5. Take advantage of the Session rooms
Follow-up Q&A, opportunities to meet speakers and the OpenSpace team, and Happy Hour fun are available to you in addition to our main stage programming! Click on the Sessions tab on the left-side toolbar to join Session rooms as they become live.
- After product announcements are completed on the main stage, a Session room dedicated to the Product team will go live for attendees to be able to join until the end of the event. Ask follow-up questions or just meet and talk to our Product team! (3:15-5:25 pm)
- After the presentation on Tips & Tricks from Power Users is completed on the main stage, a Session room for follow-up questions will go live. Attendees will be able to join until the end of the event, and speakers from the presentation will be available to address any questions or comments or for further discussion in general. (4:25-5:25)
- At the end of main stage programming (5:30 pm), four Session rooms will go live for Happy Hour. Choose to join: Trivia, Virtual Bar, Karaoke, or Let’s Talk OpenSpace (if you haven’t had enough OpenSpace for the day!) to unwind and have fun with your fellow attendees. Stick to one Session room throughout the Happy Hour, or jump around and explore! Giveaways and prizes will be handed out at all Session rooms.
6. Need Support?
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
We can’t wait to connect with our community and build our knowledge together!