Explore past OpenSpace Waypoint session content on-demand
We’re pleased to make the recordings of these complete sessions available. Watch full versions of past sessions for compelling conversations and easy-to-apply tips and tricks from power users to help you get more out of OpenSpace and broaden your perspective on reality capture.
On October 5, 2022, we welcomed nearly 400 construction professionals from across the globe to Waypoint, our annual virtual customer summit. Together, we explored how customers use OpenSpace to build with certainty in an uncertain world. We heard from the OpenSpace product team, showcased best practices from customers, and provided networking panels to connect attendees with industry leaders and OpenSpace power users.
Session 1: OpenSpace Product Announcements, Updates, & Community Programs
- We shared OpenSpace’s vision for the future, announced new strategic partners, and presented demos of exciting new features.
- Demos included walkthroughs of enhancements to OpenSpace Track and user management and admin reporting features, as well as powerful new integrations with Autodesk, Procore, and PlanGrid.
Session 2: Getting the Most Out of OpenSpace: Tips & Tricks from Power Users
- Customers at Broccolini and Power Design, Inc. offered valuable, hands-on tips to improve routine processes and workflows and shared new ways to build faster, reduce costs, avoid rework, and make better decisions using OpenSpace to build with greater certainty.
- The team from Broccolini described how they’ve strengthened interior and exterior progress monitoring, improved quality and safety, and generated valuable inspection and safety reports.
- Representatives from Power Design, Inc. shared how they leverage OpenSpace to provide greater certainty, consistency, and efficiency throughout their projects.
Session 3: The Future of Tech-Enabled Construction: Executive Roundtable
- Leaders from Shepherd, Nedbank CIB, Big-D Construction, and Suffolk Technologies discussed the most urgent challenges facing the AEC industry.
- Panelists discussed the impact of labor shortages, heightened supply chain pressures, and uncertainty on the industry, and they offered actionable strategies for builders to mitigate these challenges, stay ahead of the curve, and manage risk.
- The speakers also shared effective ways the industry can meet rising client expectations by using technology to standardize their operations, and they explained how technology can create greater transparency to streamline operations, mitigate supply challenges, and attract top talent.
OpenSpace Waypoint 2021
On November 2, 2021, more than 250 construction professionals from across the industry and around the world gathered for OpenSpace Waypoint 2021, our first annual virtual customer summit. We announced exciting new products and features, shared best practices from customers, and provided networking sessions to connect attendees with their peers in the global construction industry.
Session 1: Product Announcements
- We unveiled a new 3D Scan feature, new user management and admin reporting solutions, and a PlanGrid integration.
- We also launched the OpenSpace Community—a global online resource built by and for construction professionals offering Q&A forums, issue-specific groups, and direct access to OpenSpace experts with opportunities to help shape our product roadmap.
Session 2: Getting the Most Out of OpenSpace
- Representatives from Swinerton, Turner Construction, and Suffolk Construction explained how they incorporate OpenSpace into almost every stage of building a project.
- The team from Swinerton described how they revamped job progress monitoring using OpenSpace 360° site capture and saw improved efficiency, time savings, and completeness of job documentation.
- We learned how Turner Construction replaced manual processes with OpenSpace Track and is benefiting from improved stakeholder communication, greater efficiency, and faster decision-making.
- Suffolk Construction team members discussed how the company scaled from a single OpenSpace trial on one project to a full-scale nationwide rollout by integrating OpenSpace into the company’s innovation ecosystem with a pilot process led by internal innovation champions.
Session 3: The Future of Tech-Enabled Construction
- Leaders from STO Building Group, Kitchell, Tishman Speyer, Liberty Mutual Insurance, and Aligned Data Centers discussed the biggest challenges and key trends impacting the AEC industry.
- Panelists explored how companies can be successful in a time of extreme change as accelerating technologies continue to render certain business approaches obsolete.
- The speakers also explained why construction companies must pilot cultural transformations around technology to make work more manageable, safe, and environmentally sustainable; why diversity and inclusion are fundamental requirements for every business moving forward; the importance of investing more in their organizational culture; and the value of transparency and how it impacts risk management, stakeholder relationships, and efficiency.